We are excited to announce that Ontario Soccer has given us the green light to proceed to Phase 2 of our Return to Play plan!
What does this mean?
As a Club we will continue to:
- sanitize equipment
- take mandatory attendance
- have players and coaches follow physical distancing measures at all times when not playing modified games
For coaches and volunteers:
- Enhanced training now includes closer group interactions where sharing or competing for the ball activities can now take place, i.e., 1v1, 2v2, 3v3.
- Introduction of modified game formats of 1v1 to 7v7 for U12 and under ages
- Continue to self assess prior to coming to the field
- Continue to sanitize hands before during and after training
- Continue to show up to the field that you have been assigned to.
- You must continue to:
- self assess prior to entering the field.
- sanitize hands before, during and after training.
- stay 6 feet from other players on the sidelines, during water breaks and before and after training.
- stay in the group or team you are assigned to.
- Continue to:
- self assess prior to coming to the field.
- send players in freshly washed kit
- assist players to follow all phase 2 guidelines
- We ask that you remind your child there is to be no 'deliberate' contact with other players even during scrimmages. Unintentional contact is expected in Phase 2.
- You are now welcome to stay at the field if needed, but remind you to keep 6 feet from other spectators and players.
- We ask that you continue to limit who is coming to the field from your family in order to have the least amount of people at the field as possible.
We are excited to be in this next stage of soccer, and ask for everyone's continued patience as we navigate Phase 2.